For the dough:
· 3 Tbsp apple juice
· 1/2 cup dried cranberries
· 3/4 cup butter
· 2 eggs (M)
· 3/4 cup yogurt
· 1/2 cup sugar
· 1 packet of vanilla sugar
· 1 cup flour
· 2 tsp baking powder
· 2 small apples
· 2 Tbsp walnuts
· 1 2/3 Tbsp Amaretti biscuits (also known as Italian macaroons)
· 12 baking cups
For the glaze:
· 1/2 cup confectioners sugar (sifted)
· 2-3 Tbsp apple juice
1. Set paper baking cups into each well of the muffin pan and preheat oven to 175°F.
2. Warm the apple juice. Set aside 2 Tbsp of cranberries for garnish. Pour apple juice over the remaining cranberries and set aside.
3. Melt butter and let it cool.
4. Beat eggs with yogurt, sugar, and vanilla sugar. Add butter.
5. Mix flour with baking powder and stir into batter. Cut apples into quarters, peel, remove core, and chop into small pieces. Chop walnuts (set some aside for garnish).
6. Cut Amaretti biscuits in half. Add cranberries, apples, walnuts, and Amaretti biscuits into batter.
7. Pour batter into muffin cups and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
8. Take the muffins out and let them cool.
9. Mix confectioners sugar with apple juice. Spread the glaze on top of muffins and garnish with cranberries and chopped walnuts.
Recipe and photo courtesy of the Cranberry Marketing Committee.
Have you made this? Share your notes with others!