Almond Butter Rice Crispy Treats
Traditional Rice Krispie Treats.. a childhood favorite for most. They’re crunchy, chewy, and incredibly sweet. So, why is it that some of the yummiest snacks are filled with the worst ingredients, such as high fructose corn syrup, preservatives, and artificial coloring?
Ditch the bad stuff! Instead, try these delicious almond butter rice crispy treats. The perfect, guilt-free snack and healthier alternative to the traditional Rice Krispie Treat.
- 1/2 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup/ coconut nectar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free brown rice crisp cereal
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes
- handful of Crispy Green Mangos
- add favorite trail mix
- Prepare an 8 inch by 8 inch square pan, by lining it with 2 pieces of parchment paper, one going each way.
- In a large pot over low-medium heat, add the brown rice syrup, almond butter, butter, maple syrup, and salt. Stir well until super smooth and heated through. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Stir in the rice crisp cereal until thoroughly combined.
- Scoop into pan and spread out evenly. Press down with lightly wet fingers or roll flat with pastry roller. Place in oven at 250 to set for 5 minutes
- Remove the pan from oven and top with Crispy Green mangos. Sprinkle with coconut and slice into squares. Enjoy!